This is a "royal psalm", a psalm which relates to God's promises regarding the kings and the One True King of his chosen people
(B.C.: Israel / Last Days A.D.: the Church).
- 2:1-3 The nations and people, kings and rulers, rebel against the LORD's anointed.
- 2:4-6 The LORD scoffs at their rebellion because he has installed his chosen king.
- 2:7-9 The LORD is father to his chosen king and he will give him power over the nations.
- 2:10-12 Kings and rulers are warned to serve the LORD by obeisance to his son who rules.
- God's Anointed;
- the Lord's king;
- Installed on Zion, God's holy mountain;
- Claimed by God as his son;
- God became his father;
- God is willing to give the nations to him as an inheritance;
- God is willing to give the ends of the earth to him to possess;
- He will break the nations and dash them to pieces; and
- The LORD rules through him.
Christ = Christos = Messiah = "the LORD's anointed" = KING
"Therefore ... be wise;
be warned ...
serve the LORD with fear
and celebrate his rule with trembling.
Kiss his son...
Blessed are all who take refuge in him." [Psalm 2:10-12]
I choose to be patient and kind with my kids, even when I'd rather they go away and bug someone else.
|Being patient to show my 6yo how to use the juicer.|
|Sharing the joy of a good book that's fun to read.|
|Sharing the joy of my 9yo's fascination with chickens.|
|Calm words lead to calmed down kids.|
I work hard, without grumbling, when I'm completing these tasks.
I choose to exercise daily, even when I have visitors or I am tired or I am in a rush or ... any other possible excuse.
I choose to eat healthily, even when I have visitors or I am hungry or I am not at home or I just really want chocolate or ... in any other circumstance.
|Choosing beneficial over permissible.|
I want to be wise.
Please use my weaknesses as an opportunity
to show your power and glory in my life
by enabling my obedience
to your commands.
Tomorrow's reading: Psalm 22:1-31.